Battle in the defense of health, there is the enemy of sodium (salt), and an effective weapon is the opposite of potassium that enemy.
Sodium and potassium have a very important role in biological processes in the body such as regulating blood pressure level, regulate the water balance of internal and external environment of the cell, regulate transmission of nutrients across cell membranes, helping to move the electrochemical impulses and other functions.
Balance is characteristic of the work of the human body attributes, when we take more sodium, will cause serious health problems such as high blood pressure, stroke, coronary heart disease, kidney disease, stomach cancer, cardiac arrhythmias, muscle weakness. Potassium also when eating less will lead to Azdiadmkhatr formation of kidney stones and osteoporosis.
Most people eat the amount of sodium (salt) more than they need, the bulk of which comes from the increased consumption of processed foods and reduce eating fresh food. These are some tips to help work on the balance between sodium and potassium in your diet:
The health awareness of the most important disease prevention factors. So you have to be aware of your needs of nutrients and minerals. According to the US dietary guidelines guide appreciates the need of sodium as follows:
• people healthy adults need 2300 mg (one teaspoon) a day.
• children and people with high blood pressure need 1,500 mg per day.
Make your food yourself
The number of meals at home important and effective to control the amount of sodium you eat way. When shopping you take into account the following:
• prefer to prepare food from a few fresh material content of sodium.
• When using canned food to be choosing low-sodium products.
• When using a high sodium canned foods, rinse with water before preparing to get rid of part of the salt.
• Use unsalted butter in cooking.
• Do not add salt to the water when cooking pasta or rice.
• Use herbs or spices to give flavor instead of using salt.
• Buy fruits low sodium or free him like pepper, vegetables, beans, broccoli, carrots, celery, radishes, sweet potatoes, cabbage, watermelon, Venus, dried figs, lettuce, mushrooms, okra, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic.
• When buying canned fruit, look for bottled water or juice products by 100%.
• When buying canned vegetables, chose the low-sodium products.
• Reduce buy canned food.
Eating more potassium
Eat more potassium means to get rid of sodium from the body. Potassium also helps to relax the blood vessel walls, which helps to lower blood pressure. According to the US nutrition guide for 2010, the need for the daily recommended amount of potassium per adult about 4,700 milligrams.
You must follow a balanced diet that contains a fair amount of potassium, according to the recommendations of the health and nutrition experts. Of potassium sources, tomatoes, orange cantaloupe’s, watermelon, grapefruit, peaches apricots, raisins, dates, grain., And is a salmon, chicken, whole milk, fresh fruit juices, almonds, bananas, beans are rich sources of potassium.