Both suffer from the problem of increased cholesterol in the blood, offer you educate yourself on the site how to reduce cholesterol in the blood, where to change something important such as cholesterol may seem insurmountable task, but we will help you with some tips to help you reduce cholesterol:
1. Reduce eat meat and make it a small part of your diet instead of making them the focus of most meals. Remove fat and skin from meat, poultry and choose lean meats or fish or skinless poultry alternative. And when eating outside the home, he chose a small amount of meat, choice of fish dishes.
2. Choose a low-fat dairy products or fat-free and avoid dairy products that contain the full-fat milk or cream.
3. Choose low-fat snacks (popcorn, carrots, dried fruit, or fresh fruit) instead of those high-fat (potato chips and candy bars).
4. Cut down on saturated fat in cooking. Use liquid cooking oils instead of butter or margarine.
5. Avoid palm and coconut oils, although most of the unsaturated vegetable oils, but these contain saturated fats often. Choice of sunflower oil and corn oil, soybean, olive, peanut.
6. lowering cholesterol diet, we strive to be less than 200 mg of dietary cholesterol per day. Reduction of eggs no more than four egg yolks a week.
7. stay away from cholesterol-rich organ meats, such as liver, brain, and kidneys.
8. increase complex carbohydrates and fiber. Foods that contain complex carbohydrates such as fruits, vegetables and whole grain products, and legumes (dried beans and peas) are low in calories and contain a high proportion of fiber.
9. Eat more fiber soluble in water, such as those found in oat bran and fruits. This type of fiber can significantly lower the level of cholesterol in the blood when eaten in conjunction with a low-fat diet.
10. Eat fruits and vegetables. To protect your heart, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
11. eating nuts. The nuts are associated with a lower risk of heart disease. Because it is a healthy source of protein, but contains a lot of calories, so taken up too much can cause weight gain.
12. add fish to your diet. Countries with high consumption of fish have less of death from all causes as well as the risk of cardiovascular disease. Such as nuts and oily fish containing omega-3 known as essential fatty acids and omega-6, because our bodies can not manufacture these acids.
13. reduce salt intake. Because high blood pressure is a major risk for heart disease and vascular factor.
14. Avoid trans fats because they raise LDL cholesterol and lower cholesterol HDL. National Cholesterol Education Program urges people to eat as little as possible.
15. Read the labels carefully. Avoid prepared foods that lists any of the following are among the components: fat, meat, coconut or palm oil, and butter, egg yolks, whole milk, cocoa butter, chocolate or chocolate tradition, or partially hydrogenated or hydrogenated fats.
16. change strategies. If three months of healthy eating does not bring that up LDL cholesterol you have in the scope of the desired levels, and you should consult your doctor and dietitian. If the numbers still do not budge after six months, it may be time to consider medication.
Nutrition expert Lisa Jay gives a seven-day system to help you reduce cholesterol:
Saturday eat oatmeal for breakfast and whole oats associated with heart health and contain dietary fiber and nutrients such as B vitamins, vitamin E and iron. Oats are an excellent source of fiber soluble, which reduces cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease.
Sunday snack of nuts. They are rich in fat unsaturated. Choose nuts that are higher in unsaturated fats (mono and dual) These include almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios. And eat unsalted nuts, dried fruit and a mix of seeds.
Monday increased intake of fruits and vegetables because they are rich important, and low in nutrients in saturated fat cholesterol-free. It is also rich in fiber, which has a cholesterol-lowering effect. And eat a variety of different colored fruits and vegetables every day.
Tuesday reduce the intake of unhealthy fats. Saturated fat raises cholesterol levels in the blood. Trans fats are the worst, so reducing the intake of processed foods.
Choose low-fat and healthy oils such as olive oil and flax seed oil instead of butter dairy products. Reduce fat from meat and skin from poultry.
Wednesday the use of olive oil in cooking, which is a source of monounsaturated fat. It contains anti-oxidants is higher than most of the oil is monounsaturated and remains stable at high temperatures, so it is more resistant to hydrogenation and the formation of unsaturated fats. Monounsaturated fats help lower cholesterol levels.
Thursday eat more garlic. Studies indicate that, as part of a low-fat diet, it can help lower cholesterol levels in the blood – reducing “bad” cholesterol and increase levels of LDL cholesterol, the “good” HDL. And it helps reduce the risk of heart attacks. Studies show that countries that eat more garlic had lower rates of heart disease.
Friday Eat more legumes such as chickpeas, lentils, peas and beans are good for people who suffer from high cholesterol levels. Because it is low in fat and rich in nutrients such as vitamin B and iron and unsaturated fats. They are also a rich source of soluble fiber, which helps lower cholesterol levels.
Home remedies which can help reduce cholesterol
1. coriander seeds: Research has shown that coriander help lower cholesterol levels, LDL (cholesterol, the “bad”), and triglycerides. Coriander seeds, as well as its effects on blood sugar and can be useful in the treatment of diabetes.
Add two tablespoons of coriander seeds powder and one cup of water, boil the mixture and then filtered it, drink this once or twice a day. You can add milk, sugar and cardamom to it and use it as an alternative to your normal tea.
2. Onion: red onion useful in dealing with high cholesterol in the blood. Scientists in Hong Kong as it helps to reduce bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol levels. This, in turn, reduces the risk of heart disease. Mixing one teaspoon each of onion juice and honey. Drink it once a day.
3. Indian gooseberry: Indian gooseberry works as minus normal blood lipids, which means that it promotes the reduction of lipid concentrations in the blood. The study, published in the International Journal of Medical and Health Sciences Research revealed that this fruit has the effects of anti-fat, anti-atherosclerosis.
Mixing one teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder, or Indian gooseberry dried, in a glass of warm and drink it daily in the morning on an empty stomach water.
4. Apple cider vinegar: apple cider vinegar helps reduce the level of cholesterol and triglycerides have. In addition, it is a great home remedy for a number of diseases, including high blood pressure, gout and infections of the upper respiratory tract, and others.
– Mixing one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink this twice or three times a day for at least a month. You can gradually increase the amount of apple cider vinegar to two tablespoons in a cup. If you do not like the taste of apple cider vinegar, you can mix it with fresh orange juice, apple juice and grape juice or other fruit juices.
5. orange juice: You can drink three glasses of fresh orange juice a day will be of great help in reducing cholesterol levels in the blood because it is naturally rich in vitamin C, and folate, and flavonoids.
The study, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that drinking 750 ml of pure orange juice a day can increase HDL cholesterol and triglycerides, low LDL / HDL cholesterol in patients.
6. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is in the home remedy is useful for high cholesterol in the blood, although it is saturated fat. Coconut oil is lauric acid, which helps to increase HDL contain (cholesterol “good”) and improve the LDL / HDL ratio.
7. Oatmeal: Oatmeal is an easy and effective for lowering cholesterol levels. It is full of soluble fiber, reduces the absorption of cholesterol and lowers bad cholesterol levels.
One and a half cup of oatmeal or a cup of cooked oat bran contains about three grams of soluble fiber. You can also add nuts and fruits such as apples, bananas, strawberries, and walnuts to oatmeal for additional health benefits.
8. Fish Oil: packed fish oils and fatty fish such as tuna, salmon, herring, blue fish, sardines, and the like omega-3 fatty acids. They help to reduce triglycerides (fats in the blood) and prevent heart disease.
9. nuts: walnuts, almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, pistachios and other nuts and seeds are useful in controlling high blood cholesterol because they are rich in fiber. And nuts, in particular, assisted by lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.